NetProffitt Enterprises is a business name (technically a registered DBA in the state of Georgia) that I use to market my consulting services.
A Brief History
Since 1996, Paul Proffitt has been fully engaged in providing consulting services in the areas of online marketing, web site design and management, graphic design, hardware support and database management to a small list of clients mostly in the North Georgia area. Since graduating from the University of Tennessee in 1975 with a BSEE degree I have leaned more toward programming, design and management than electronics and electrical engineering. Through various employment experiences I learned that marketing was a key factor in most aspects of my work. Whether you are marketing yourself, ideas, products, or brands there is always some marketing involved with most jobs.
I found that I enjoy learning about the needs of individuals and businesses and helping them satisfy those needs by acting as facilitator, interpreter and connector among consumers and suppliers.
Web Site Design, Management and Hosting:
Experience in web design and management technologies and willing to learn and adapt as necessary to support a client's needs
Experience hosting client's web sites since 2003 via virtual private servers (VPS) providing more complete services built on high availability and redundant access
Computers, Software, and Networking:
Experience with computers including programming computers, microcontrollers and mini-computers in assembly language, Fortran, C, Perl and PHP
Experience in datacenter management as CIO of a Georgia public company involved in online transaction processing systems using real-time access to large, high performance database systems
Experience configuring and managing the installation of communication lines including voice, DSL and T1 for individual and miltiple location local area and wide area networks
I support PCs in several states mainly through remote access and phone calls acting as a technical support contact and interface as needed to keep systems running smoothly for multiple clients.
Sales and Marketing:
Five years experience in direct customer sales calling on small to medium size corporate clients in metro Atlanta
Experience in data processing as VP of Development, CIO and VP of Marketing building relationships with clients across the U.S. and in Europe
- Business Data (Object) Modeling by Advanced Strategies
- Business Driven Software Development by Advanced Strategies
- Business Event Modeling by Advanced Strategies
- Data Modeling Practitioners Course by Advanced Strategies
- Joint Development Approach Facilitation Techniques (JAD) by Advanced Strategies
- Project Management by Advanced Strategies
- Process Modeling Overview by Advanced Strategies
- Process Modeling Basic by Advanced Strategies
- Software Development Overview by Advanced Strategies
- Social Styles Sales Strategies by Larry Wilson
- Counsellor Selling by Larry Wilson
- BS EE from University of Tennessee - Knoxville - 1975